Many users switch from iOS to Android and vice versa. Apple and Google’s mobile operating systems differ in functionality and usability. When transferring data or contacts, it is much easier. When moving from one device to another in the same ecosystem; however, if you are switching from iOS to Android and want to quickly transfer contacts from iPhone to Android phone, please follow the steps below.
There are multiple ways to transfer contacts from iOS to Android. You can use Google Drive, iCloud, or Gmail. The first and arguably the best way to completely transfer contacts, calendar events, photos, and videos to an Android phone is to use Google Drive, as described on the Google Switch to Android website.
Transfer contacts from iOS to Android using Google Drive
Here are the steps for quickly transfer contacts from iPhone to Android phone:
- Download Google Drive on your iOS device.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Open the backup wizard by clicking the hamburger menu and selecting “Settings”.
- Click Backup and you should see contacts, calendar events, photos and videos.
- If needed. To back up everything, click Start backup. Or you can tap each option and turn off the toggle.
- Your contacts will be backup to Google Drive.
- Sign in with the same Google account on your Android device.
- Your iOS contacts. It should appear on your Android device.
Transfer contacts from iOS to Android using Gmail
- Go to “Settings” on your iOS device and tap on Mail.
- Tap on Accounts.
- If you already have a Gmail account, it should appear here. If not, select “Add Account” and Tap on “Google“.
- Then tap on Gmail and turn on the “Contacts” toggle.
- Your contacts will be synced with your Google account.
- Log in to your Android device with the same Google account, and your contacts should appear.
Transfer contacts from iOS to Android using iCloud
- Go to “Settings” on your iOS device.
- Tap your profile.
- Tap iCloud, make sure your contacts toggle is turned on.
- Scroll down and tap iCloud backup.
- Tap “Backup Now” and wait for the backup to complete.
- On your Android device, open a browser, go to icloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Switch to desktop mode via the three-dot menu in Chrome.
- After logging in, tap “Contacts”.
- Tap on the gear settings icon in the lower left corner, and then click “Select all“.
- Tap the gear settings icon again and select Export VCard.
- Download the VCF file and Open it.
- You will be asked to use the option to save the contact in your phone or email address. Select “Phone” and the import process will begin.
- Your contacts should now appear on your Android phone.